Friday, 13 July 2012

Pass the play dough...

I have been feeling a little inadequate recently, feeling that I don't spend enough time playing directly with my babe. He's just turned one and while there are days when we spend loads of time down on the floor playing with his toys, there are also days (like this week) when there just isn't time and he spends his time pottering around my feet wherever I am finding his own entertainment. Running a business is hard enough at the best of times, but at the moment it is a little crazy.

I also never quite get round to 'crafty' style play. Now, I know I shouldn't get too worried since the babe has only just turned one but you could be forgiven, with the wonderful advent of the multitude of parenting blogs, that all parents spend all their time either dreaming up creative play ideas or putting them into action...

So tonight, feeling a little wilted and tired, I looked at my blog roll and my eyes alighted on Anna's Imagination Tree. I instantly felt guilty as I knew in all it's legions of wonderful ideas, I hadn't really done anything with them. My finger hovered over the delete button so I wouldn't have to look at it again...

Then I thought, I'll just take one last look. Maybe I could fit in some play dough or...something?
I can fit in this bucket...

I found this post: Baby Play Activities 6-18 months. I was delighted to find activities directly aimed at my babe's age group as so much stuff is too old for him.  I was even more delighted to find that, actually, we do quite a lot of the stuff mentioned, or very similar things. Playing with egg boxes and kitchen equipment... treasure boxes... emptying and filling material boxes (clothes boxes count, right?)... playing with mirrors... stacking and sorting stuff... posting stuff (where is that pool ball, baby dear?)... it goes on!

I am a good mother after all! And now I come to think about it, I have a very happy baby in general (except when he's teething) so I must be doing quite a bit right.

I am also fired up with some of the other ideas. One day, maybe soon, maybe not, my babe will make a giant felt picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment