Monday, 17 September 2012

Meal Planning Monday (17 September 2012)

I have fallen off the wagon big time with meal planning recently and have sorely missed the grip on food organisation it gives me. To complicate matters, last week we spent most of our time with friends holidaying nearby which was lovely, but as one of them has a severe nut, soya, bean and lentil allergy our plant based diet was necessarily altered. It was lovely seeing them but I did miss my regular food and am happy to be once again embracing my lentils, as it were.

My current challenge is to eat more, particularly protein and grains so it's extra portions for me and when the baby has a high calorie snack, so do I. I am happy with the weight I have lost since we turned to the plant side, but I don't want to lose any more. I think clever baking is a good way forward, if I can just find the time!

Anyway, enjoy the menu (I certainly will!).


Monday
Lunch: Mushroom soup (baby's new fave) & sandwiches
Dinner: 
Roast Dinner with quinoa & black bean croquettes

Tuesday
Lunch: Hash
Dinner:  Mushroom & lentil Spaghetti Bolognese

Wednesday
Lunch: Curry (trying a Mushroom Karahi recipe, prob with a chick pea curry, rice and flatbread) 
Dinner: Bean Fajitas

Thursday
Lunch: Vegetable soup & sandwiches 
Dinner: Bulgar wheat leek & mushroom risotto, with greens

Friday
Lunch: Curry (hopefully leftovers from Wednesday)
Dinner: Roast veg, greens and quinoa

Saturday
Lunch: Sandwiches
Dinner: Lentil stew, bulgar wheat, potatoes and greens

Sunday
Lunch:  Pizza 
with salad
Dinner: Lots of veg (depends on what's left)

Snacks & puddings
Tinned, fresh and dried fruit, smoothie, crackers or rice cakes & nut butter or hummus or marmite, whole nuts, yoghurt, muffins.


For more on Meal Planning Monday, visit At Home with Mrs B and hello to Stateside meal planners at Menu Plan Monday at I'm an Organizing Junkie.

9 comments:

  1. The Bulgar wheat leek & mushroom risotto sounds lovely. Do you have a recipe? I'd never have thought to cook it like this. I have only ever used bulgar wheat in tabbouleh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The recipe for this one is still in my head but I will write it down, check it and post it this week. It is lovely and makes a nice change from rice, which I eat too much of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've ever really eaten lentils - must give them a go as your meals sound lovely! Have a great week x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lentils definitely suffer from bad press and, to be honest, they can be dreadful if cooked badly or without imagination! I do love them though and am getting some more recipes ready to post.

      Delete
  4. What a lovely, healthy menu plan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm certainly enjoying this week's menu rather a lot :)

      Delete
  5. Mmm...homemade muchroom soup!
    Looks like lots of delicious meals this week. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say, your meal plan makes me want to go veggie! I also love your smiley avatar - it always makes me feel welcome when I visit your blog! xx

    ReplyDelete