Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Meal Planning Monday (15 October 2012)

So given that it's already Wednesday, it won't surprise you at all to find that I don't have a proper meal plan this week. I just didn't get round to it. In my defence, I have been doing some lovely baking!

However, all is not lost. For one thing, there will be food this week (before my husband despairs...): I have recently done a big veg shop so there is plenty to work with. I have got some targets for things I want to make, or have had requested from my husband, and I have food to eat up. I also don't want to shop apart from topping up on essential vegetables and fruit.

I suppose it's rather like Ready, Steady Cook but without the audience and the stop clock (baby needs notwithstanding). Hopefully the food won't be quite so weird either.

Foods needing eating

1 aubergine
1 celeriac
1 butternut squash
Tomatoes (care of a lovely neighbour)
Green Beans (care of same lovely neighbour)
2 parsnips
2 sweet potatoes
2 carrots
1 head spring greens
1/2 swede
1/2 can apricots
Satsumas
Big bag of apples
Leftovers including a bowl of mashed potato, small portion bolognese sauce and curried lentil stew
1/2 pack puff pastry
1 plantain (from another lovely neighbour)
1 tin ackee (came with the plantain)

Actually, that's quite a good selection, if thin on the greens. There is also at least a couple of freezer meals to fall back on (though they will be pot luck since I've lost my freezer pen and they are unidentified...).

So, here are some meals and snacks I think we will definitely have, plus a few ideas of what might come to pass with a bit of luck and a following wind.

Oven baked plantain slices (more of a snack or a side dish)
Leftover curried lentil stew
Mini puff tomato and olive tartlets
Butternut squash soup
Vegetable pizza
Slow cooked root vegetable stew with dumplings
Open aubergine and garlicky white bean toasties
Apple muffins
Apple and apricot crumble
Potato cakes with added greens
Curried ackee pasties
Broccoli Muffins (already made for the babe...recipe here)

That's more than enough to be going on with!

For more on Meal Planning Monday, visit At Home with Mrs B and hello to Stateside meal planners at Menu Plan Monday at I'm an Organizing Junkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment