Monday, 1 October 2012

Meal Planning Monday (1st October 2012)

I'm really not sure what happened this week but by Thursday I had lost the plot as far as food goes and completely failed to stick to my meal plan. I think I was foxed by having made a huge batch of curry on Monday and then for reasons unknown to man, not frozen it. We were eating leftovers well past the limits of our initial enthusiasm, which was a pity as it was pretty fine curry. I think I need to build in slack to my meal plans for leftovers, although perhaps not always on this scale.

Also I was most perturbed to find that a recipe I had so much looked forward to making - garlicky greens in black bean sauce with rice noodles - was nowhere to be found. I looked through every piece of paperwork (there are a tad too many piles around the house at the moment for optimum tidiness), searched my computer for saved files and then finally wildly searched every corner of the internet I could reach. All for nothing. It's like it never existed. I know it was a recipe rather than something in my head but I have had to admit defeat. It all makes me rather sad, so if anyone sees a likely sounding recipe, please let me know? I feel like James James Morrison Morrison. Not sure why.

I am full of renewed determination to use my slow cooker which has languished for far too long. It is also a menu to tempt my babe into eating a bit more as he's been under the weather the last few days and off his food which is most unlike him.  

Monday
Lunch: Lasagne (leftover from last night) and broccoli (because it was there, and I wanted greenery!)
Dinner: Roast with last minute flung together quinoa, walnut and borlotti bean fritters (not bad actually, but 
still need a bit of work )

Tuesday
Lunch: Sandwiches
Dinner: Slow cooker Curried lentil, potato and cauliflower soup (with added experimental curried dumplings)

Wednesday
Lunch: Giant hash (biker husband can never eat enough on bike days) 
Dinner: Bean stew with pearl barley, potatoes and lots of veg

Thursday
Lunch: Sandwiches
Dinner: Lentil Herder's Pie (in which she daringly shoves in loads of red cabbage...)

Friday
Lunch: Hot white bean and aubergine open toasted sandwiches (please let me get round to these, I do love them)
Dinner: Curried lentil, potato and cauliflower soup leftovers


Saturday
Lunch: Sandwiches
Dinner: Bean stew leftovers

Sunday
Something at my mum's while I watch my brother run a marathon!

Snacks & puddings
Tinned, fresh and dried fruit, smoothie, crackers or rice cakes & nut butter or hummus or marmite, whole nuts, yoghurt, muffins (full meal muffins for the baby).


For more on Meal Planning Monday, visit At Home with Mrs B and hello to Stateside meal planners at Menu Plan Monday at I'm an Organizing Junkie.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog today.
    I have had a love of British TV programming since I discovered PBS as a teen.
    Recently I've become hooked on Coronation Street. I can't believe Kristy sunked so low to not put Tyrone's name on the birth certificate.
    I'm hopping by from Menu Plan Monday, at Organizing Junkie today!
    Don't you just enjoy this time of year?
    I love the crisp Autumn temps of Southern Maine when I was living there. For the last 18 yrs I've been on the West coast so no fall foliage to enjoy.
    Your menu plan sounds so delicious. I hope you have a terrific week. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think sinking low is an essential part of Coronation Street characters - wouldn't be the same show without!

    I too love Autumn, though I much prefer the sound of your Maine autumns. We do get the lovely foliage change here but as for crispness, well, Wales suffers from a little too much rain for that (though that makes it lovely and green).

    Thanks for becoming a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the sound of curried dumplings, I'd love to know how they turn out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't get to that yesterday but it's back on the plan for today. Will report back :)

      Delete
  4. LOL you made me laugh with the mega curry leftovers...!!! This all sounds delicious, as always.

    Saw your comment on Mrs M's post about April Jones - I hope your husband is ok and that she is quickly found. Amazing how the community is coming together to help find her.

    Much love x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren. My heart goes out to her family right now. This is a tight knit place so I'm not surprised how everyone has pulled together.

      Delete