Tuesday, 9 October 2012

Meal Planning Monday (8 October 2012)


Last week I did quite a lot of cooking. With Kev off searching and not being able to concentrate on much I retreated to my kitchen. Quite a bit of the food was not great early in the week as I didn't concentrate, but later in the week I got some good batch cooking done. 

We didn't exactly stick to our meal plan but the Curried Lentil, Potato, and Cauliflower soup was surprisingly good, though in no way would I call it soup! Will refine it and post it. It wasn't a slow cooker recipe either, no idea why I thought it was...! I also made the best Lentil Herder's Pie yet but failed to take notice of what it was I did that made it so good. Grrrrr.

I'm planning to do more baking this week, plotting with a friend to experiment with breakfast muffins suitable for babeis and toddlers so no sugar, no dairy, healthy high calorie and lots of lovely fruit and extras.

Monday
Lunch: Vegetable flan and bread - leftovers donated by my mum :)
Dinner: Curry leftovers 


Tuesday
Lunch: Spaghetti Bolognese
Dinner: Fried vegetable & bean rice with lots of greens 

Wednesday
Lunch: Curry
Dinner: Soup and sandwiches

Thursday
Lunch: 
Hot white bean and aubergine open toasted sandwiches (didn't get round to these last week)
Dinner: depends on what nice veg I find in the market on Wednesday


Friday
Lunch: Leftover curry
Dinner: Roasted vegetables, quinoa and something else I can't think of now


Saturday
Lunch: Sandwiches
Dinner: Bean chilli with greens and rice

Sunday

Lunch: Out for vegan roast dinner with friends
Dinner: leftovers

Snacks & puddings
Tinned, fresh and dried fruit, smoothie, crackers or rice cakes & nut butter or hummus or marmite, whole nuts, yoghurt, muffins (full meal muffins for the baby).


For more on Meal Planning Monday, visit At Home with Mrs B and hello to Stateside meal planners at Menu Plan Monday at I'm an Organizing Junkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment